Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter FREEZING-land!

So today we went to church (Emily and the boys--Jaron was on call).  I step out of the car and am almost blown over by an arctic blast.  Check it: -25 degrees with the windchill today! (and I'm talking about the Ferienheit, not Celcius degrees here).  I opened the back seat door, bundled the kids up, and told them to run for the church doors as if their lives depended on it.  A second later I hear a "thud" and then a wail and a "Mommy!  Help me!!!"  Spencer had slipped on the icy pavement and couldn't get his legs under himself to stand up (probably cause the wind kept blowing him back down).  I reached out to give him a hand, trying to steady my large-belly body on the ice so I don't go down too, and thankfully we both made it.  We ran (or shuffled over the ice) as fast as we could into the building, with me chanting over and over, "I love Iowa...I love Iowa...I love Iowa..."  I think I finally thawed out sometime during the second hour.  That's what I call a Winter Wonder-land!  At least we'll have a white Christmas!

1 comments:

M Occasionally B said...

at least when it snows you guys still have church. If it even thinks about here they just cancel church. It's been snowing like crazy and we haven't had church for the past two weeks! BTW we had the baby early. Exactly 3 weeks! He's perfect. Check my blog for pics. Good luck with your last month Em. Be careful out there!