Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Car Tales

You know you're officially grown up when your dream car is a minivan with automatic sliding doors!  Yesiree, Jaron and I have officially crossed the threshold of true adulthood; we bought a minivan last week.  It was an adventure.  I had found a great deal on craigslist.org from a private seller in Chicago, so we made the 6-hr trip, hoping that this would be the one for us.  And, luckily, it was!  So now I'm not "just" a mom, but a true-blue soccer-shuttling/carpool-carrying/ grocery-getting mama!  I feel really grateful to have found a super deal on a really nice car, and Jaron's glad to be done car shopping.  Now all we have to do is sell our "3rd" car--a '99 Saturn station wagon.  Jaron has demonstrated his mechanical genius by fixing numerous things with this car, including a water pump, automatic windows (nothing a little wire won't hold together) and other complicated-sounding things an auto dunce like me can't remember.   (Anyone out there want an 'adorable' and affordable car...?)

4 comments:

Emily said...

oh i am soooo jealous! i've been dying for a minivan! the double sliding doors...automatic back door...dvd player. heaven on wheels, man.

Merideth Sullivan said...

That is false advertisement. The Saturn is not "adorable." It may very well be affordable. Just kidding.

Posted by Landon

Jaimie said...

Congratulations Em. I'm so excited for you. I know how much you've wanted one. Can't believe Jaron finally gave in. That's awesome. I can't believe you didn't call me.

Eric and Aubrey said...

Hooray! I knew you'd make the leap someday! Your life is forever changed! :) Just remember to take the second car on dates and ESPECIALLY to surgery socials. Eric and I had to learn the hard way....:)