Monday, November 9, 2009

Nov 7!

...A big day for me...I ran a Half-Marathon in Indy.  My 7th Half, and I finally broke 1:50!  It was a personal victory, and not an easy run.  But a huge motivator for me was knowing that my wonderful boys and Honey would be cheering me and hugging me at the end!  I feel so blessed for my sweet boys, especially for Jaron, who is always encouraging me to do things I enjoy, to set goals and achieve them.  I loved training for this race.  

With Spencer in school and Mikey in 5-day morning preschool, it was the perfect set-up for me to take Trevor for morning runs (until the weather got colder).  I love being out in nature, especially sharing it with my family. I feel like Trev and I shared many special mornings running together.  Trevor loves the jogging stroller--he gets excited when I put him in it, and I don't think he ever fussed during any of the runs I took him on (not even my long ones!).  

I've also felt SO blessed to have a body that can run and exercise and experience life in a different way than I would if I couldn't use it.  I want to remember to treat my body well so that I can keep experiencing life and bonding with my family in special ways!

7 comments:

Jaimie said...

Go Em!!! That is so awesome. I think it's neat that you are setting such a great example for your boys and that they get to see you do something you are passionate about. They will always know how important fitness is to you. I bet they were so proud of their mommy that day as they watched you cross the finish line. I know I'm proud of you. You are an inspiration to me.

Janene said...

WAHOO!!! You go girl! I WILL run a race with you sometime...even if it kills me (which, right now it would...) Whatever was I thinking to not do it while you were closer?!?! You are awesome!

Merideth Sullivan said...

That is so awesome, Em!!! Great job. You are an inspiration so us all! The longest race I did was a couple 10k's, and I don't think I could do anything longer than that. Good job!

Emily said...

Congratulations Emily! That is amazing.

M Occasionally B said...

Way to go Em! That's so awesome and you should be so proud of yourself!

Jenna said...

Wow Em, you are amazing! I think that is such an accomplishment that not many people say that they've done. Congrats, I wish that I could have been there to cheer you on because if I tried to run with you I probably would have died :) Great job again!!!

angie said...

that's awesome. you're way fast!! i've run 2, and i was happy to get in at 2:20:00!!!