Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Family Race

Forgive me for bragging a little: (after that last "spiritual" post I want to remind all my loved ones how prideful I can be!) Last weekend, the boys and I ran a race. I ran the 5K, and the boys ran in a Kid's Race (a sprint around the track), competing against their age-groups. Here's the brag: Spencer, Mikey and I each finished first in our age categories of our races! I love being in the "Over 30" age-group b/c I don't have to keep up with those young-bucks to stand out! I was so thrilled, that I vowed to keep running until I'm in my 80's just so I could always come in first place (and only place!)!

It was also a great bonding moment for the boys and me (Jaron had to work). I loved sharing something that I love so much with them, and for them to actually experience the stress and exhilaration of a race for themselves. They talked for days about how fun their race was (and how FAST their mom is--just kidding!!). Sadly, my camera ran out of batteries after taking only one (blurry) picture, so I have nothing to show!

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

Congratulations Runners! Three first place winners? That is awesome. You totally have bragging rights Em.

And I totally love the post about mikey being a "professional" at tying his shoes! That is so cute. He must be so proud of that.

Emily said...

Congratulations! When I did a sprint tri a few years ago my 70-year-old aunt ran it as well (and was the only person behind me at the end). She rocks. You can totally do 5K's when you're 80.