Friday, August 22, 2008

Spencer Starts School!!

 


 All those sleepless nights when Spencer was a newborn, how I longed for the time when I could get a little "break" from being an over-time mom.  Now my first "break" has come, with Spencer starting Kindergarten, and I've missed him like crazy (Note picture to left).


Since I did home-preschool with him and Mikey last year, we've never really been apart, and Mikey misses his "Bubba" and so do I.  But we're adjusting, I'm enjoying quieter rides in the car and one-on-one time with Mikey.  And Spencer is loving his school.  If you ask him what his favorite thing about school is he'll probably tell you it's the lunches!  I've bought his lunch several days this week and Spencer thinks he's going to a restaurant each day!  Chicken nuggets, hamburger, pizza, desserts...it's heaven to a growing, hungry boy!

I'm so proud of Spencer and love him so much.  He's growing to become a kind, loving brother and son.  I also love his excitement for life, his vivid imagination (he loves to "build" things in our garage or yard and to draw anything that he imagines), and his sensitivity to others.  I'm sure he'll do great in school this year!

6 comments:

Jaimie said...

Yay! I love seeing the pics of Spencer on his first day of school. Dallon and Dawson looked at your blog with me and we were all so excited to see your pics. Tell Spencer that we are so proud of him! I can't believe him and Dawson are both going to be in kindergarten this year. That is nuts. I love the pic of you missing him like crazy! You are a hoot, Em!

Ok!!! That cake you made for Mikey is totally awesome! A dinosaur? How cool! You are such a fun Mom!!! You have made some great cakes for your kids over the years. You are so talented.

Well I miss you Em! Good job on these new posts!

Emily said...

Aww, so sad. I dread the day Isaac starts kindergarten. Does he go all day?

M Occasionally B said...

Wow! Is it really that time already? Where does the time go??? Too fast...

Janene said...

So, I can't believe how much older your boys look in just a couple months! What happened? You've got a little man in school! :) How exciting.

I'll be sure and post my "sad" pictures just for you when Carson starts, but I have a feeling my eyes will say it all. :) We'll see what tomorrow brings!

DNAgallows said...

Bitter-sweet moment~ I get a little sad hearing about everyone sending their kiddos to school that I am holding a little tighter to my own. Next year we will be sending one off too.

Good times with Mikey. I am sure he is loving special time with mommy and being the big kid!

Thanks for sharing such a big moment in yours and Spencer's life!

angie said...

do you guys have all day kindergarder? i was sad for annie to start school for about 1 day, but then i started totally enjoy one on one time with sami. plus, how can you be sad when your kid loves to go?!?! oh, and what is it with school lunch? it must be alot better than when we were kids!!!