Friday, August 22, 2008

Mikey Turns 3!!



Mikey's birthday was August 16th, but we celebrated it a couple days early so Jaron would be home with us (he was on call on the 16th).  We had just gotten back from our trip to Texas (which was a blast and wonderful to be with Jaron's sister Jenna at her reception!), so we hadn't had much time to shop.  First thing in the morning we headed out to Wal-Mart, I did some grocery shopping while Jaron took the boys to check out the "big-boy bikes".  I hadn't finished my produce shopping when I hear, "Beep! Beep! Wook (look) OUT!!"  and "Varooooom! I go so fast daddy!!" Here comes Mikey, tearing through the apple and orange stands on the smallest "big-boy bike" they make.  Mikey beamed ear-to-ear as he pumped his little legs harder and harder on the pedals.  The customers beamed (and chuckled and pointed) as they saw this little speed-racer on his new big-boy bike.  As soon as Mikey saw me he exclaimed, "Wook Mommy!  I got a new big-boy bike!!"  He was so proud, and I felt one of the many joys of parenthood: arguably having more fun watching my child enjoy his present than he was actually experiencing himself.

As I'm writing this, I realize that I haven't taken any pictures of Mikey's bike yet (shame on me), but we did capture the "Dino-Cake" (Mikey requested it--and it's RED, not pink!).  

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a great cake! I love little boys and new bikes, it's VERY exciting.

Janene said...

That's hilarious! I wish I could have been one of those spectators "wooking" out for little Mikey! How time flies! I can't believe he's three. :)