Saturday, January 3, 2009

Spencer grows up - 6th birthday


Emily spent quite a long time preparing so that Spencer could have a really special birthday party.  I have been on a lighter schedule, so it was nice to help out some also.  The theme was Star Wars, and Emily made an awesome cake as seen to the left (held by the sexy princess Leia).  








We had a sharp shooting contest, but I did not volunteer to be shot since I still have bruises from the Thanksgiving paintball fiasco.















After the party Spencer took all of his gifts back to the store, cashed in, and then went to the local tatt shop.  Can you believe kids these days?  I was irate and just about duked it out with him at the door when he walked in (but then I saw his guns and decided that wouldn't be the best decision).  Actually one of his friends gave him a book with 500 tatts, so we went to town while mom was gone getting her hair done.  She stopped by the house on her way to Walmart.  Spencer had a long sleeve shirt on, and ran out the door to go with her.  While in the store waiting in line, the next thing she knows Spencer has one sleeve pulled all the way up and is flexing and dancing around in line to show off his artwork.  I wish I could have seen her face.  It probably would have looked something like mine below.  
















7 comments:

Jaimie said...

It's about time you post again Jaron!!! Welcome back to blogging! Love love love this post. I got a hoot out of seeing Spence with his sleeve of tattoo's. That's hilarious. I too would have loved to see Em's face when she discovered the tatt's at the grocery store. Love the cake... great job on that Princess Leia. You rock! Happy Birthday Spencer. We love you!

Merideth Sullivan said...

Those pictures are hilarious! Spencer was so excited about his tat sleeve when I talked to him. That must have taken awhile to complete. Hope he had a good day!

Steph Thomas said...

Be careful taking those off. My niece had a tatt on and they had to scrub hers off. Her arm was red the next day when she went to school and the teacher called CPS on my brother-in-law and they had a big investigation because my brother-in-law was just trying to scrub the tatt off after Halloween. Luckily after months and months of investigation, they realized that it was bogoise(sp) and there was no reason the teacher should have called CPS. Luckily it wasn't my sister that gave her a bath that night because she could have lost her nursing license. Since then I have been weary of tatts:)

jaron said...

The tatts come off slick with rubbing alcohol, just not with water or soap. That is of course if they are not real like Spencer's.

g said said...

i had a feeling he'd be a hell-raiser. i'd blame the motorcycle from about 6yrs 9mos ago.

The Willers said...

Jaron- it is so nice to see you even though you look like your ready to punch my lights out! Looks like you all had a fun time celebrating!

Anson Gessel Pho+ography said...

Cute Family! Jaron, you are the original family man-