Sunday, September 19, 2010

And the Winner is...


JARON!!! (Who else?? :-)


For Jaron and Emily's Birthdays (both at the beginning of September--Happy late Birthdays, by the way!!), Jaron got a new "toy"--a Cyclocross Bike. My take on it is that it's a cross between a streamlined, skinny-wheeled road bike (which he has already mastered), and a mountain bike (which I guess is next on the list of bikes to conquer). He's excited to be able to use it to commute to work, come rain, snow, or ice storm!! He's most excited, though, to use it to "punish" the competition in cyclocross races, which is exactly what he did in his first-ever Cyclocross race this week. Post-call no less (was that 2 hrs sleep you got??). And yes, I'm bragging up my Honey. And what exactly is a cyclocross race, you may ask? Just imagine a course similar to cross-country running: Gravel, mud and obstacles are all par for the course. Jaron's course was a mostly gravel 12-mile course, with hills, twists and turns. He loved it, and can't wait for his next race! And I say way-to-go Sweetie!

p.s. I didn't come away empty-handed for my birthday either--Jaron installed the beadboard in our kitchen for me! (And did lots of other sweet and wonderful things, which I will not mention here.)


3 comments:

Merideth Sullivan said...

Em! I miss you so much! It was so fun to look at all the pictures from the Haley's trip. I hope we get to see you guys sooner than later. I can't believe how fast all of our cute nephews are growing up!

Jaimie said...

Wow Jaron! Congratulations on taking first place!!! You rock! Love you.

Carrie said...

Oh Em! I just spent the last several minutes getting caught up with you and your family by checking out your blog. Such fun adventures and such adorable little boys! Spencer is all grown up, Mikey has a smile that will light up a room, and Trev...oh those eyes and lashes!!! What a blessing to have so many sweet little guys in your life.

I can't tell you how much we miss the Sullivans! We hope you'll always keep us in mind if you're ever heading back to Texas!

Ps...John and I also recently celebrated our shared birthdays by getting John a new bike! So funny!

Miss you much!!!