Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Talents

At church on Sunday, Mikey's teacher gave a lesson on talents. She had the children list some of their talents, then sent a card home with each child's talents on it.

Among Mikey's talents??

"Kung Fu Master"
...Enough said.

After church, when I saw the card:
Em: "Mikey, how did you learn to become a kung fu master?"
M: "Spencer taught me...Wanna see my super high kick?"

Glad he's getting a lot out of church.

**********************************************************************
A couple days later, Mikey was riding his bike alongside me as I pushed Trevor in the jogging stroller. This is the conversation we had:

M: "Bike riding really makes your leg muscles strong, right mom?"
E: "That's right, Mikey."
M: "Yea, and I have really strong leg muscles for kung fu, so I can kick really high."
E: "That's great, Mikey."
M: "I also do exercises to get strong...I do sit-ups to make my arm muscles and head muscles strong...I do push-ups to make my legs and stomach strong...and I do jumping around on the couch because it makes me sweat."

Lesson learned: You can be whatever you dream with a little exercise.

6 comments:

Jaimie said...

Love this post! It's so mikey. As I read it I could just hear his cute little voice saying those things.

Katie Hansen said...

This is Jaron's cousin, Katie. This has to be the cutest thing I've read for a long time. I just love kids and the way they think. Thanks for sharing.

Merideth Sullivan said...

Haha, that is hilarious! Owen is at the age to where he's starting to say funny things. It's the best.

Deanna said...

LOVE him!

Steph Thomas said...

You teach (and show by example) well. Those boys are so lucky to have such wonderful parents.

Janene said...

I just love Mikey!