Friday, April 11, 2008

Getting started

I have really enjoyed reading the family blogs, so I decided that it was time for Em and me to break out of our shell.  Here is a little update on big things that have been happening with us.  Recently we had match day, and here are a few pictures showing what took place.







Waiting patiently.  
Emily looked great.











Here is a picture of me with some of my good friends, and their wives who are Em's good friends.













The envelope of fate sent us to University of Iowa for orthopedic surgery.  This was the culminating point of medical school - what I had been working for during the past three and a half years.  It is really one of the best programs for orthopedics, and I feel very lucky that they chose me to train with them.  We are very excited as a family, but sad at the same time to be moving far from my parents and Jaimie and Aaron.  Texas has been great to us, and we would love to come back when the time is right.  When I asked Spencer where he wanted to go, he said he wanted to stay in Texas near Dallon, Dawson, Stetson and Banner.  We will make a big effort to come back as frequently as possible.  On the other hand, it will be nice for Emily and the boys to be closer to her family for a while.  So that is the big news.  To come, I will tell you about our home we just purchased and our get-away to Costa Rica.



5 comments:

Jaimie said...

I am so excited you have started a blog. I'll be checking it often. Welcome to blogging!!!

Merideth Sullivan said...

Congrats Jaron!!! You're the man.

posted by Landon

M Occasionally B said...

I'm so proud of you...

Jennifer said...

So exciting! Congratulations!

Melanie said...

Hi Jaron, it's your cousin melanie Congrats!! I saw some darling pictures of You, Emily,and your boys on Jaimie's blog what a cute family. This blogging is a hit so hopefully soon I will have one. Hope to see you soon.
Love ya
Melanie :)