Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Costa Rica

Emily and I went on a one week get away to Costa Rica after the match for my residency.  We had an amazing vacation.  I will post a video in my family videos library.  Highlights of the trip were doing a zip line through the jungle canopy in Monteverde, walking in the rain forest, watching lava roll down the face of the Arenal volcano, soaking it up in the hot springs resort from lava heated streams, sun baking on the beach, and surfing on Playa Grande.  There were a few downfalls - someone stole our cameras out of our bag on the bus (from under the seat they cleaned out the entire bag that was between my legs - what skills!) and Emily got stabbed by a sting ray (a small flesh wound, but extremely painful).  On the latter, I thought she was elastagirl fighting a shark.  The first thing that I did was high tail it for the shore - not really.  I ran to help her and we ended our beach session for the day.  Otherwise, the vacation was great.  

7 comments:

Jaimie said...

The pics are beautiful. I love how blue the water is. A little different from the ocean here in Texas. It sounds like an amazing vacation. So many neat things to see and do. We want in on the next trip to Costa Rica.

Merideth Sullivan said...

We heard about you guys getting robbed. That totally stinks. We felt so bad. Looks like you got to do some awesome things!

Jenna said...

Those pictures are amazing. I am jealous, that sounds so fun. I'm glad that you had a great time!

Carrie said...

Oh I'm so glad you joined the blogging world so that we can see all of the fun things that the Sullivans are up to. You always do such fun activities.

I'm thrilled that your house hunting trip was a success and that your vacation was mostly a success (too bad about the sting ray and camera).

We'll have to see if we can get together soon!

We sure will miss you when you leave the lonestar state!!!

steveandamybrossard said...

so, can you keep Steve and I in mind for future vacations? i think I still speak spanish? (not so many opportunities in Alabama).
We miss you guys---your pics made me remember the no kids days in Guatemala. .. . those were the days.

angie said...

hey jaron! yay for doing a blog...it's great being able to snoop into your life a little bit! i have one word to say about your trip to costa rica....JEALOUS! now...you need to post pics of your kids!!! also, iowa city is only about 3.5 hours away from omaha...fyi. take care!

g said said...

Hi Jaron, you might not remember me, but my name is Garrett and we lived together for a while in Fontana, CA. thewelchfam.blogspot.com