Saturday, July 5, 2008

Coralville House Project ("Before" and "After")





I don't mean "Livin' in the Projects" here, but the fun of moving into our new house in Iowa and working Nana Runyan like crazy so we could have some fun color on our walls.  It's taken me a while to post these, and not much has changed since Nana left 2 weeks ago, but I thought I'd give y'all an idea of how much "fun" we had (and "fun" IS the operative word here, since each new project I was scheming in my mind I would present to Jaron as "Wouldn't it be FUN if....", such as "Wouldn't it be FUN if...we hung shelves in the garage

                                        ....we replaced all the light fixtures in the house
                                        ....painted our 17-foot walls--you paint, honey, I'll hold the ladder...)

Anyway, enjoy these "before" and "after" pics of our Great Room, the Boys' room, and in the next post, our dining area and kitchen.  (We haven't hung any pics or decor yet, so it's pretty much just paint at this point).

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

Ok! I am so excited to see some before and after shot's of your home. I don't even know where to start. First of all... love the red in the kitchen! Second... love the boys room. The blues with that white stripe - totally awesome. And third... the way you painted the living room makes the fire place pop out like the focal point it should be. It's beautiful. You guys have really improved your home!!! It looks adorable. You definately have an eye for picking paint Em. I know how "FUN" those all night painting projects can be. Good work!

Emily said...

I LOVE the blue stripes in your boys room. Sooo cute.

angie said...

the paint looks great. i want a red kitchen...i love it. sorry jaron is so busy. i guess you're used to it by now.

so, if you guys ever get lonely for some family don't forget we're not too far away in omaha!