Saturday, July 5, 2008

IOWA PARTY!!



Jaron officially started residency, hence I (Em) have taken over the blogging indefinitely.  The boys and I wanted to celebrate Jaron's first day, so I went to a consignment store and bought us all "Iowa Hawkeye" shirts and whipped up (with what I had in my kitchen) an "Iowa" rice-crispie frosted cake.  After getting to the hospital at 5:30 that morning, Jaron came home after 8 pm.  We partied hard for about 20 min until Jaron said he had studying to do, and that has pretty much been the tune we've been singing all week (minus the daily parties).  But we (and especially ME) are so proud of Jaron for getting here in his career and we especially love that, although he's been busy, he finds simple ways to show us that he loves and cherishes us.  WE LOVE YOU, JARON!!

10 comments:

Jaimie said...

Yay! A new post. I am so excited to see this tonight. Also, excited that you have jumped on board with the blog Em. I miss you.

I love the Iowa party. What a fun thing to do to help the kids get excited about this new family adventure. It's all what we make it... isn't it? I'm proud of you guys.

Emily said...

What a good idea! You're a fun mom!

Merideth Sullivan said...

Em,

I LOVE all the paint jobs! It looks great! I am so excited for you guys and your Iowa adventure. We miss you guys so much.

Lindsey said...

cute idea! good luck with everything! congrats to jaron!

Steph Thomas said...

Em you are simply amazing!!

Carrie said...

I love that you make the most of every moment your family has with Jaron. Your family is lucky to have a spunky mom like you!!!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I was reading Katie's blog and I saw you guys here. Congratulations for everntyhign. You guys rock. Great couple. Great family. Keep posting. And good luck in this first year! ARRIBA IOWA!

M Occasionally B said...

Hey Em! glad to see you here psoting. I love that you went out and got shirts for everyone. You guys are so much fun!...and by the way, I am pretty sure after talking to Jaim yesterday that you and I are going to be having our babies around the same time! So exciting!

camille swain said...

Jaron I just found your blog. It looks like you're pretty busy in your life right now, but maybe Emily can tell you I said hi. Good luck with everything. You have such a cute family!

Ruth said...

You have a cute family. I think it takes a special woman to be the wife of a med student-then-doctor. I know you are left alone much of the time, but it looks like you guys are doing great! Enjoy those kiddies while they're young. They'll be leaving home before you know it.