Sunday, February 15, 2009

Gotta Love Those Boys!

Everyone asks how it's going with 3 boys in the home...Well, Jaron and I can honestly say that we're loving having a precious third, and our two "big boys" are keeping us laughing, frustrated, and warm-hearted...sometimes all at once!  I have to share a "warm-heartening" experience I had with them not too long ago.  Since Trevor has been born and I've been in the night-feeding routine, I'm not such the early riser and will squeeze all the minutes of sleep I can get out of each morning until either Trevor or the boys' frolicking wakes me up.  On one such morning, I went down to the kitchen to find Spencer and Mikey, food storage buckets pulled up to the counter, unloading the dishwasher.  They looked up at me with huge smiles and announced proudly, "Mom! We're doing the dishes for you!"  I was so touched by their sweetness that I didn't have the heart to tell them that they had just unloaded a dishwasher full of dirty dishes!  (I distinctly remember forgetting to start the dishwasher the night before!)   Not many days later my "helpers" were back at it.  This time I heard Spencer coaching Mikey with sweeping the living room floor and washing the mirrors.  I was nursing the baby when they ran in to tell me the good deeds they had done.  "And Mom, " said Spencer, "don't worry about us using the cleaning stuff (the cleaning solutions I won't let them touch) because we washed the mirrors with water!"

What can I say?  Gotta love those boys!!

6 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

That is too precious. What great boys and helpers you have. They knew how much that meant to you to help you out so you didn't have to do it. They must have amazing parents!!!

Jaimie said...

Spencer and Mikey are the best!!!What touching acts of kindness. They must love their Mommy so much. I am so proud of Mikey and Spencer for being so sweet to help you.

The pics you posted of Trevor are amazing. Love them.

Lindsey said...

how cute! i laughed, and i called and read it to my mom... :) but seriously, how adorable that your boys want to be such big helpers! :)

Merideth Sullivan said...

That is so cute!

DNAgallows said...

What wonderful moments. Your boys are so aware and considerate. I love it! You are loved and well taken care of. How sweet!

Janene said...

That is so sweet. We sure miss playing with your boys!