Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Fun

Here's a few things we've been up to so far this spring:





The day before Easter there was a free egg hunt/play-in-the-inflatable-bouncers in the park.  It was warm and wonderful!  Here's a pic of the "big boys" before the hunt.  I don't have any of the actual hunt because many more kids showed up than they were anticipating, and it lasted all of about 15 seconds!  But, hey, any candy is better than no candy, right?  After the egg hunt in the park our boys were super lucky to have the Easter Bunny come (a day early!).  They loved hunting for their baskets, which had fishing poles in them, and then finding eggs all over the yard.  Spencer, bless his heart, exclaimed in excitement, "This is the best Easter ever!  And we don't even have to go to church on Easter!!" (Another one of those, "I'm failing as a parent" moments :-)

We colored eggs with our good buddy Dylan.  His dad is an Ortho resident with Jaron, and his mom, Nancy and I are good friends.  Even though Dylan is just two, he LOVES being around my boys, and Spence and Mikey LOVE having a side-kick who adores them and laughs his head off at any silly thing they do.  (I forgot how wild 2-year-olds can be; he got more dye on the counter and his shirt than on the eggs!)

We went to a party for residents' families at a gymnastics place.  The kids loved jumping in to the foam pit.  Notice Spencer's blue shirt...In the second picture it's barely a spec engulfed by the foam...see if you can find him (to the left of the girl in pink).  So fun!

Marvelous Mikey:

I realize that I've been slacking big time at taking pictures of Trevor.  He's just too adorable to capture on film, but I guess I should try anyway, right?  I promise I'll post more on him later...



0 comments: