Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Em! (Sept 6)

It was my birthday too this weekend, and I got the BEST present a child could ever give a mom (at least that's my perspective after struggling with Mikey for many months)...Mikey has been going Pee-Pee on the Potty!!!  Seriously, it's a dream come true for Jaron and me.  On labor day (Mon), I went to the store to buy diapers, and decided then and there that that would be the last pack of diapers I would ever buy for Mikey.  I mean, heck, the kid can ride a bike without training wheels--what's the big deal with a Potty??  I talked it over with Mikey, and we bought stickers, candy and prizes and got to work (he's all about the stickers and candy and prizes).  So he's had some accidents, but for the most part he's been going in the potty and loving all the praise and treats he's getting (and of course big brother gets some too for being a good cheerleader).  


And let me add here on a serious note that I really do believe in miracles, big or small, and this comes in direct answer to prayer.  Jaron and I had been praying two weeks ago for 2 specific things relative to our kids--for Mikey's success on the potty and for guidance with Spencer's fits and emotions.  Both have been MUCH better this past week, with Mikey actually agreeing to go on the potty and Spencer being MUCH more pleasant (and me being inspired to love and spend meaningful time with him).  I'm grateful for answered prayer (which, it's ALL answered, by the way).

7 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on the success...it's a huge deal. Being done with diapers (for a little while) must be so nice!

Merideth Sullivan said...

Yay Mikey! That is so great. We hope you guys had good birthdays. Did you get our messages?

Eric and Aubrey said...

It looks like you all are doing awesome! I haven't been the best blog checker lately, but I was really excited to see that you had updates. I'm glad things are going so well. It's been awhile since I've seen you with a pregnant belly, you need to post pictures of yourself!

Eric and Aubrey said...

Oh - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

Jaimie said...

I hope you had a happy birthday Em! I was thinking of you! Congrats on the potty training! That is so awesome. Tell mikey - Aunt Jaimie is so proud of him!

Janene said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY Em! You are such an amazing friend and person! I miss you so much! I'm so grateful that I still get to have my "Em Time" on the phone! I hope you and Jaron both had great birthdays. :)

DNAgallows said...

Happy Birthday! I hope by my next birthday I am given as much wisdom as you have! What a patient mom of great faith. Thanks for your great example!